Thursday, June 7th, 2018 Alive 17,208 days
High tech “smart” locks are great. Until your phone runs out of battery while youʼre out shopping. And since youʼve relied on your phone to think for you for the last couple of years, you donʼt know what your backup unlock code is. So you have to text the cat sitter to get into your own house.
Lessons that can be learned:
- Keys still work when your phoneʼs battery dies.
- Keys still work when your lockʼs battery dies.
- Keys still work when youʼre too drunk to unlock your own phone.
- If you lose your keys, any locksmith can let you into your house for $40. Lose your phone, and youʼre on the hook for $700 at the Apple Store.
- Always go to the bathroom before you leave the house, because you may not be able to get in right away upon your return.